The Scots Hotel – A unique boutique hotel, resides in a 120 year old historical compound on the shore of the Sea of Galilee facing the Golan Heights.
In 1999, the Scottish Church decided to open a unique hotel which would serve as a center of culture and tranquility for its guests, and as a site of faith, prosperity and peace, in the hope that all those would soon arrive in our region.
The luxurious Scots Hotel was established by the Scottish Church in 2004 in the historical compound of the Scottish Hospital, and uniquely combines the 19th century basalt buildings with a modern and up-to-date hotel of international standards. When planning the hotel, great emphasis was placed on conserving the character of the compound by producing a synergy between new and old and creating an atmosphere of calmness and mystery. The interior decoration combines the historical character of the buildings with the comfort required from a 5-star hotel. The hotel’s staff consists of professionals from all religions, and knows how to provide the best service for those special moments.
An atmosphere of calmness, quiet and tranquility; combined with history and mystery wrapped expanses; as well as service of the highest level – turn any vacation at the Scots Hotel into a perfect experience, unique and exceptional, surpassing anything you have ever known.
- A half-sized Olympic pool is located in the hotel’s spacious and relaxing beach garden where you can enjoy expansive lawns and views of the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights.
The pool operates during the swimming season.
- Spa & Wellness Center– Our health center, the Lake view Wellness Centre & Spa by L’Occitane , the prestigious international company, provides the Lake view Wellness Centre & Spa the highest international standards and the best quality products . Each treatment envelopes the senses and revitalizes the body and the soul, emerging from L’Occitane’s natural ingredients and raw materials. Herbal essences and essential oils, enriching body wraps and purifying peeling. The Scots Hotel, an island of European luxury and indulgence on the shores of the Sea of Galilee is no less a strict parent when it comes to first class quality. The Hotel brings to the family its unique touch, personal and professional, its dedicated staff – each an artist in their own field – and, no less important, the fragrances of the Galilee and the sounds of the Sea of Galilee’s waters rippling through the window.
- The hotel’s public areas include fine lawns, with ornate shrubbery and a herb garden, together with an ecological fish pond. Charming seating areas overlook spectacular views of the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Incorporated within the public space an archeological tour is available with historical exhibits from the Byzantine and Roman period.
- A wide range of audio visual aids and equipment is available in the conference rooms which can be used for conventions and other events. The hotel offers wireless internet service. Laptop computers can be used in the hotel rooms and in the public areas.
- An exhibition centre which tells the story of the Hotel will be opened during summer 2006.
- It is anticipated that a luxurious state of the art Spa will be added to our facilities in 2007.
50 classical modern rooms in the new building each equipped with cable TV, a coffee corner, hair dryer and safe.
These rooms are suitable for a couple with one child or for three adults.
In addition located in 2 large residential buildings, dating from the time of the original Hospital complex, we have created 16 “Antique” rooms providing the hotel with unsurpassed character and atmosphere. These spacious rooms with beautifully rendered and exposed basalt stone walls and high ceilings are each equipped with plasma screen, coffee corner, Espresso Machine, hair dryer and safe.
These highly recommended and very popular rooms suitable for a couple with 2 children, or for 3 adults.
The hotel restaurant is located in David Building which was the original hospital. The reconstruction work done to this building is unique. We were meticulous about retaining the existing structure while successfully incorporating elements of modern classical design into the building.
Dining on the verandah of the restaurant is possible during most seasons of the year, allowing our guests to look out on spectacular views of the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. We aim to use produce from the Galilee in our kitchens, including special cheeses, locally-grown vegetables, and herbs from the hotel herb garden.
The restaurant serves gourmet meals of the very highest standard. Abounding with colour and flavour, meals are served daily to hotel guests and casual diners. We also offer private dinner parties (buffet and sit-down meals) in smaller rooms at the restaurant.
We have a unique wine cellar located underground which previously served as a storeroom for the hospital.
The cellar contains wines from boutique wineries in the Galilee area, including from Chateau Golan, Dalton, Tabor and the Golan Wineries, and there is much more on our wine list. We have also retained the Galilee character in our wine cellar making a point of using products from the region. We keep a small number of special imported wines for those wishing to sample a different taste.The temperature and humidity in the cellar are maintained at the correct levels for storing wine.There is a “knights’ table” in the cellar where gourmet meals based on a guest-selected menu can be served. The wine cellar is also suitable for holding whisky and wine workshops, and wine-tasting evenings.